Online Symptom Checker
The American Academy of Pediatrics has provided an online symptom checker on its healthychildren.org website. Visit the symptom checker to learn more about the symptoms, causes, and treatments of a variety of childhood conditions.
Common Childhood Conditions
The pediatric specialists at Jeffers, Mann & Artman Pediatrics see infants, children and teens with a variety of health conditions. Many of these common conditions are listed on the American Academy of Pediatrics website. We recommend this resource for parent education and have provided links to the most frequent conditions we see in our offices.
Jeffers, Mann & Artman Pediatrics has developed a set of educational flyers on common childhood health topics. We encourage you to print and read the flyers you may need.
- Breastfeeding - Community resources, support, encouragement
- Healthy Living - Community resources to develop healthier habits
- Immunizations - A vital part of your child's healthcare
- Your ADHD Program - Preparing for Your Appointment
- What is ADHD - Attention Deficit/ Hyperactivity Disorder is a common medical condition in both children and adolescents
- Tips for Children with ADHD - At home and at school there are strategies you can implement to help your child
- What is Asthma - Triggers and treatment for the most common chronic childhood disease
- Your Asthma Program - We will work with you and your family to create a program to control your child’s asthma
- Stop Smoking - Resources and Support Groups
There's a variety of websites with resources available for families. JMA Pediatrics has created a list of websites we recommend for further education for familes about childhood health and safety topics.